Optimize
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

would like to fix errors in the tracking codes of tag manage and Non standard implementations

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi we saw some errors in implementing the tracking codes on website for Google Tag manager, Google analytics and remarketing codes fired while tag assistant gave a full report of these errors, I would appreciate any help in fixing these errors

1 Expert replyverified_user

would like to fix errors in the tracking codes of tag manage and Non standard implementations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Can you post your site URL so we can look into it?

Please check the document below about errors in tag assistant:

https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/3059154?hl=en

Thanks.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for the reply www.joigifts.com is the website

The errors were I see two Google analytics codes implemented both fired one is of Non-standard implementation and another code was found outside the head tag. And a remarketing tag also fired with error of non-standard implementation, will u please send me the clear instructions how to fix these errors with Tag manager

Thanks

Bhanu.

bhanu.gokula@gmail.com 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

These are not errors, only notices.

Non standard implementation means that Tag Assistant can detect the tag activity, but it cannot find the code snippet on the site because it is different from the standard syntax. If you are getting correct data in your property you can ignore this notice. Tag Assistant detected multiple instances of the Google Analytics tracking tag, it seems that you have two added through Google Tag Manager and another one through an external script https://joigifts.api.sociaplus.com/partner.js.

You have installed Google Tag Manager properly (as per the latest recommendation, split between the head and the body tag) but Tag Assistant has not been updated yet, it is still searching the entire code in the body tag, that's why the notice. Tags included in the container will be marked as non standard implementation.

You only need to fix the issue with the multiple analytics tags.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital