Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

"Unable to link cross-organization properties"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Running into trouble with the message "Cannot cross-link organization".

We have an ACCOUNT (our agency account) and under this account we have several PERSONAL ACCOUNTS (our clients' accounts).

So now we need to run experiments for a specific PERSONAL ACCOUNT.

When I go to Optimize, our AGENCY ACCOUNT has several Experiments. But I would need to run Experiments in one PERSONAL ACCOUNT, right? So I switch to that account and the Optimize is empty. I then ask to create an Optimize account, and when I try to link the Personal Account to this Optimize Account, it just doesn't work.

The message displayed is a modal window saying:

"Unable to link cross-organization properties. Optimize can only be linked to Google Analytics properties in the same organization. Contact your administrator for help managing organizations."

Has anyone stumbled upon the same problem? What came out as a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sergio,

I'm having similar issues as you have, which I posted yesterday as another topic.

Have you double checked that you are in Personal account-mode both in GA and in Optimize? So that you in your GA window not are in Organization account-mode.

And if the answer to that question is yes, have you double checked that your Personal account in GA has sufficient access rights to the GA properties that you want to link to Optimize? In my case I discovered how I did not have access rights in GA after having toggled from Organization-mode to Personal account-mode, which (I think) is why linking does not work for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bumping this.  Having the exact same issue but to no avail.   Every property that I'd like to link to is disabled and when clicked, I recieve the "Unable to link cross-organization..." error message.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Um, anyone?

Re: "Unable to link cross-organization properties"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I had similar issues, but they are now solved. If you are logged in to GA in one tab and to Optimize in another, make sure that you are logged in to the same account. It is one of the icons in the top right corner:

Picture1.jpgClick icon to the left of person symbol

So you need to be logged in as either personal account in both tools, or as same organization in both tools. Otherwise your GA properties that you want to link to will be grayed out due to "cross-organizational linking".

If your GA account happens to be a GA360 Organization account, but your Optimize account is a personal account and you want to link the two, then you can include the Optimize account in your organization from the Analytics 360 Suite Home (if you are admin).