Optimize
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

not able to edit <FRAMESET>, <FRAME> and <head> content.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the below code in the body because optimize won't let me edit head tag. I put this in body, but it is still not allowing me to replace entire body or even only the frames. This is a redirection page which serves like a url rotator. Kindly help.

<FRAMESET border='0' ROWS='*,1'>
<FRAME src='http://abc.xyz/'>
<FRAME src='blank.html'>
</FRAMESET>

1 Expert replyverified_user

not able to edit &lt;FRAMESET&gt;, &lt;FRAME&gt; and &lt;head&gt; content.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

You can do many things on the <head> tag with Optimize, like for example insert some HTML content.

You can do that by using the "Select elements" dialog (the rectangle on the top-left of the Editor, next to hierarchy bar).

You can then type: head as the selector and can add a change that targets that element (like insert HTML).

For example, you may insert a <title> element to change the title of the page.

Optimize doesn't support changing content of iframes but you should be able to insert iframes or change the src of existing iframes in the page.

I think that there is no support for the <frame> and <frameset> elements in the Optimize code editor UI, because they have been obsoleted in HTML5 but perhaps you could use an <iframe>.

If your page contains <frame> elements and you want to keep them, I believe that you should still be able to change their src attribute by selecting them and doing an "attribute change" (use the advanced "Select elements" dialog mentioned above).