Optimize
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

You broke my website!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After installing Optimizer on my website it does not load properly! When I open it, the website disappear for a couple of seconds and load after that. I deleted the Optimizer container from my GTM, but the problem is still there. Anyone an idea why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

You broke my website!!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry you are having issues.. 

couple of thoughts off the top of my head

- was GTM container published after the changes to remove Google Optimize were made?

- If you are using the recommended page hiding snippet as well, did you remove that too?

- If your site uses any sort of caching plugin or similar, flush the site cache?

- Clear browser cache and cookies?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

You broke my website!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

thank you for your answer. 

I deleted the GTM from my website and implemented only the GA code on it and the website works fine now. 

I will try to create a new container for my website and use GTM again, because I had some cool filter etc. there. Anyway, the website works now and that is the most important thing.

P.S. I removed the page hiding snippet, flushed the page caching and the browser cache, but unfortunately it did not help.

You broke my website!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had he same issue. After removing the page hiding snippet, my website worked fine. So the GTM for Tag Manager could stay in place.

Have you found a solution to your problem yet?

Regards

You broke my website!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pieter,

the solution is that I removed the Optimizer snippet from GTM. The GTM solution for Optimizer does not work properly yet. To avoid the problem, the Optimizer snippet should be implemented directly on the website - this is the information I got from the Google support.

Best,

Adam