Optimize
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Visitor IP is not anonymized for Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been working on site clean up and found  this information on onpage.org

It is saying that  Visitor IP is not anonymized for Google Analytics -  How do I correct this?

Also  months back I used a wp google analytics plug in,  But have since deleted that plug in.  Tag manager is showing that I still have google analytis on my page and analytics is recording hits.  My question is how can I find this code and delete it from my website and re-enter the code to make sure it is in the correct place in the header?  Thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
To anonymize IP data, add the following line in your tracking code snippet ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);

just before the ga('send', 'pageview');

Hi, I'm thinking you are possibly meaning Tag Assistant (rather than Tag Manager)?
Sometimes plugins, widgets etc add their own tracking which you dont have control over.
eg vimeo for example.

Does your theme have any admin options for adding scripts or ga tracking?

Has it maybe been placed into the active theme's header.php file?

Are you able to provide the site url so as to allow one of us to check it via browser?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

A C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where should we put the tracking code snippet? Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cacheSmiley Tongue22oBVW9LZMJ:fxestrader.com/&num=1&client=safari&...

How do I find if I have this tracking code already in the homepage code? If not where do I put it?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@FXESTrader S

Hi :-)
Best thing to do when you have a question is to start a new thread with your question :-)

There is an older version of tracking code already on the site for property/tracking id UA-39280510-1

You can check your site with a browser addon such as Google Tag Assistant

https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947095?hl=en&ref_topic=6000196

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here