Optimize
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Experiment Goals Without Optimize Snippet (but with Google Analytics Snippet)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I use Google Analytics everywhere on my site, but do not include the Google Optimize snippet everywhere on my site, for goals that depend on visiting a page that does not include the Google Optimize snippet, will these goals still be tracked correctly in an experiment?

For example, let's say I have these two pages:

A: Includes Google Analytics snippet with the Google Optimize snippet.

B: Includes Google Analytics snippet without the Google Optimize snippet.

Now, I create an experiment on page A, and want to track the goal that page B has been visited. Will this work?

Tracking Experiment Goals Without Optimize Snippet (but with Google Analytics Snippet)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James W
July

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I discussed this with a Google rep, so this is my understanding after the conversation: as long as your Goals are tracking in Google Analytics, you do NOT need to have the Optimize snippet in place to track the goal for Optimize.

Note that you do need to be tracking the session across the experiment and goal location. For example, if your variant is on www.mysite.com and your goal is on shop.mysite.com, you need to make sure you track the same session across both domains. For details about this issue see: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thx so much James!