AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Schedule experiments in Optimize

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Based on previous answers in this forum, I have understood that it is not yet possible to define an end date for experiments in Optimize. 

What I would like to know is if there is a way to make sure that Optimize does _not_ turn off the experiment by itself when it has found a winner. I would like to be in absolute control of how long A and B should be shown.

Is this possible without too much technical hassle?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karl G
June 2017

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Yes, that is correct.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Yes, that is how Optimize currently works. It will automatically end an experiment after 90 days but before then it is entirely up to the user to stop the experiment.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Jim,

So Google Optimize is different from Google Experiments in that aspect then? Because Google Experiments would stop our experiments by itself as soon as it had declared a test winner.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karl G
June 2017

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Yes, that is correct.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Great, that answers my question. Thanks, Jim!