Optimize
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Page loading delay (no ad-blocker used)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to everyone.

Trying to implement Optimize on our website, we encountered the following problem. Every page that has Optimize in its code takes 4 seconds to load (ie. 4 seconds of blank page before the actual page loads). I understand it's the default value of the timeout, most likely caused by the anti-flickering snippet, right? Why does this happen even though no ad-blocking solution is used? (as I read in another different topic) Btw. this occurs even with no experiment started (or even created)?

How can this be solved? We installed both code snippets exactly as shown in Optimize UI/help, no GTM involved.

Is reducing the timeout to some 300-400 ms an acceptable solution? I don't understand why this happens at all.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Page loading delay (no ad-blocker used)

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi this shouldn't be happening, there must be clearly a problem in your implementation.

Sorry for not replying earlier but in case you haven't figure out the problem yet, could you share your page URL or your container ID?