Optimize
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Optimize doesn't work with GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

I have a problem to implement Optimize in my website. I watched a few tutorial videos to include Optimize via GTM. I did all the steps from the tutorial but I don't view the second variant of my landingpage. Actually I get a .gax cookie in my browser but I don't get it. Besides the preview in Optimize said that the Code snippet is not available. But the Tag is fired.

In attachment you find the screenshot from the GTM optimize snippet and the preview mode from GTM. You see that the tag is fired.

Here ist the link: https://www.flossbachvonstorch.de/Privatanleger/events/Was-ist-ein-Investmentfonds

Has anybody the same problem? Can andybody help me?

Thanks.

Configuration GTM.JPGTags Fire On This Page - Page View.JPGTags Fire On This Page - Summary.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi all - currently there are too many issues when implementing Opt via GTM so use the implementation procedure where you place hard code GA tag with require Optimize on top in header (without the ga('send','pageview'); line. Push GA hits via GTM (events, pageviews, ecommerce, timing).

If you need more detailed info please let me know.

The official docs here:

https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/6262084?hl=en

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have heard from several sources that you should not implement Optimize via GTM. There are supposedly performance problems with the product if you do that, so better add the scripts directly in the source code. I'm sure Google is working on this, but for now this is the recommendation I have received.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Karl G where did you hear this recommendation from? Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi all - currently there are too many issues when implementing Opt via GTM so use the implementation procedure where you place hard code GA tag with require Optimize on top in header (without the ga('send','pageview'); line. Push GA hits via GTM (events, pageviews, ecommerce, timing).

If you need more detailed info please let me know.

The official docs here:

https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/6262084?hl=en

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Zorin Escape. Thanks for your answer. I will check it and let you know if it works.

Regards,

Nino

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Have heard it from two different web analytics agencies, one of which is a Google partner, plus I believe I have read it also somewhere here in the forum.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now it works. Thanks @Karl G for the tip