Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

No Hits error Property Right Order Concepts is not receiving hits. Pending verification.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday, I reinstalled a GA plugin on my site https://www.rightorderconcepts.com.  Apparently, it was removed when I moved my site to a new host.  I then copied the analytics code on the header page.  While the google tag manager is picking up the code, I'm still not getting any data.  I'm on my site.  Any idea what could be my problem.  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Hits error Property Right Order Concepts is not receiving hits. Pending verification.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

You mention the tracking was removed when you changed hosts.
1) Was the previous tracking tied to that particular hosting, in which case are you still accessing the same GA Account and Property that was previously reporting your website data?

2) Are there any filters applied to the analytics reporting View

3) Tracking should only be installed once.. either via the plugin or via a different method
Plugin is the preferred method.
Often plugins will be set by default to block wp admin etc from being tracked.. does the plugin you are using do this?
Has it been at least 48hrs since you installed the tracking?
I'm seeing two copies of the tracking code in the site <head></head> section when i look at  the site source code.. 
This is confirmed with GTA also showing an error - regarding tracking code installed twice.
twotrackers.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

No Hits error Property Right Order Concepts is not receiving hits. Pending verification.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, what do you mean google tag manager is picking up the code? I do not see GTM on your site. +1 to Bronwyn as it is there twice, but that should double your numbers and give you incorrect data the reverse of what you are seeing. You can go to your GA dash and click the real time view. Then open a private window and visit your website, does the real time view change from 0 active visitors to 1 active visitors (or 2)? Start there and see what you see.

Re: No Hits error Property Right Order Concepts is not receiving hits. Pending verification.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the feedback. After I installed the plugin and the GTA still read no code detected, I added the code to my header. Now I'm getting two codes installed.  I'll remove the one in the header and wait 48 hours. Also, yes I checked the plugin option to not track my computer. I visited my site from my mobile but still no trace of me on my site in real time.

Also, I just removed the GA code from my header and now the tag is red and listing two error messages: No HTTP response detected and Missing analytics.js script.

Here's the message from GTA on my site and GA:
gtafromsite.pnggtafromgoogleanalytics.png

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

I'm no longer seeing any issues with your tracking via Google Tag Assistant.

Mobile is not always accurate in regards to the real time reporting.
Most mobiles will batch together hits in order to preserve battery life.. 
So the hits may not get sent at the time they occur, like they would for desktop visits.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here