5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Missing sessions in Optimize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I created a "redirect" test in google optimize, running since 20 days approximately. 

The general session count in analytics for this period is 447 sessions, in optimize it is only 300. (There are also important differences on the conversion count, but this is probably due to the same cause)

Do you have any idea how the difference may occur?

Session count according to Analtics reportSession count according to Analtics reportsession count in "experiment" section of analytics (same numbers in optimize page)session count in "experiment" section of analytics (same numbers in optimize page)

My setup: UA tag installed via GTM on the entire site. The experiment is limited to desktop and tablets (and so is the reference session count from analytics) looks as follows:

experiment upper sectionexperiment upper sectionexperiment lower sectionexperiment lower section

I am happy to provide additional information if required.

I first thought it was due to a possibility that experiment would only count new sessions, not of returning visitors. but as the conversions are also far lower in the experiment than in "reality" I believe there must be another issue.

Thank you for any advice.

Missing sessions in Optimize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I use GTM container to place GA-code and Optimize-code. has you solved this problem?

Re: Missing sessions in Optimize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to hear you have the same problem. No I have not found or received any
solution yet.

Cedric