Optimize
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Linking to multiple properties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have multiple analytics accounts and want to create an experiment for each one, but I see that I can only link to 1 property at a time and when i try to setup a new experiment for another client, it tells me that if i link to a different property that any running experiments will stop. Is it possible to run an experiment for each property? And if so, how can I accomplish this

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That should be possible in later deployments of Optimize. Right now you're limited to one property so I would recommend to create different experiments using different Google Analytics user accounts.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jason O (Community Manager)
March

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi @Carina G

Julian's correct.

Optimize currently supports linking to one Analytics property, per the the "Link Optimize to Analytics" help center article: https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/7008374

How many properties can be linked to an Optimize container?

Only one Analytics property can be linked to an Optimize container, however multiple views can be included. Only one view can be selected as the associated view for each experiment, and only the view associated with an experiment will receive data from that experiment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Looking forward to the later deployment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice to meet you, you can actually run up to SIX AB tests at the same time if you put two kinds of GA properties in one site. But is it not supported?