Optimize
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Is page hiding necessary with "optimal" implementation?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hoping to hear from anyone that's deployed Optimize the recommended way:

Is the page hiding snippet still required to remove flicker under the "optimal" Google Optimize implementation (GA code in the head of each page, with Optimize code immediately below ga('create', XXXXX)?

Code changes on my site (outside of GTM) have to go through a vendor so I'd like to get everything right on the first try. I'm currently testing optimize through GTM and there is a very noticeable flicker for both A/B tests and redirect tests. 

Will hard coding optimize on the page solve this issue or is the page hiding snippet absolutely required? I've also read on here that the page hiding snippet doesn't impact flicker on redirect tests - is this confirmed? 

Thanks,

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jason O (Community Manager)
April

Is page hiding necessary with "optimal" implementation?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

The page-hiding snippet is recommended in all installations. We recommend that you hard code it directly onto the pages you wish to run experiments on, at the top of <HEAD>, directly before your modified Analytics tracking code. 

Best,

Jason