Optimize
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Installing Google Optimize on a Shopify Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

We are running our site off of Shopify, and I have just joined the Google Optimize Beta.  I was in the process of installing the snippet of code within Shopify, but our GA tags were not added through code that I modify as a business user.  As such, I am concerned if I add the snippet as in the Google Optimize instructions, I would be adding a duplicative GA tag to my site (which I don't want).

Has anyone else added Google Optimize using Shopify?  If so, how did you do it?

We are not using Google Tag Manager (GTA).

I appreciate the help,

Victoria

Installing Google Optimize on a Shopify Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I spoke with Shopify, but since this is in Beta, they can't confirm how it will work.  Has anyone attempted this?

From what I can tell from Google's Optimize instructions (located here), the bolded code snippet is added to the existing Universal Analytics script that Google provides and you paste within Shopify's admin - that you enter within the Shopify admin under Online Store > Domains > Preferences. So it should be as easy as simply adding this code to the Shopify admin to replace the current Universal Analytics code you have there.