Optimize
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

How do I track clicks through Optimize?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I only see Page Views, Sessions and 1 more less relevant option in this. Can anybody help direct me on how to set up clickthrough tracking on a button for my variations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can't track clicks directly, but if you have the Optimize account linked to an Analytics account, you can choose any of the Goals on that Analytics property. If you set up a Goal that is connected to an Google Analytics Event triggered by the click you want to track, you sort of get what you are after.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you select a Goal in UI?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Go to the admin settings of your Google Analytics account and you'll see Goals where you can specify goals.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't track clicks directly...just found this out the hard way (after implementing the tool, hooking up to Google Analytics, etc). 

How is this not a huge use case for people? Change button color, style, call-to-action, etc...it is core to AB testing. But you have to set up the Goal somewhere else? Doesn't make any sense. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I completely agree with Andy!

Were super excited when the tool came out, finally a good alternative to Optimizely. Then when I tried it I realized you can not track clicks and I have requested it ever since, it is insane that it is missing. 

I use both Optimizely and Google Optimize due to that. Hopefully Google will get to their sense and add this feature soon.