Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Google Optimize, can I pause or end a variation of an experiment without ending the experiment?

Google Optimize

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From what I can tell, NO.  

However, I believe I found a work around that may do the job. Select the experiment you would like to "pause", then scroll to the bottom of the paqe and select the targeting tab, change the "Percentage of visitors to target" to 0% and then save (top right hand corner)  This should send Visitors to your original page.

One other way that may pause the experiment without turning it off, is to remove or comment out the snippet on the site, then when ready to turn back on place the snippet back on the page

Google Optimize

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Nope, couldn't find that either. I just ended, then chose the dropdown to duplicate. Saved time, but should definitely have a pause and edit option.

Google Optimize

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I suspect the reason you can not pause and edit an experiment, is because editing a running campaign could mess up the math.