Optimize
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to open a variant in the editor, the following alert appears:

The Optimize editor failed to load. Check your network connection and try again.

Which looking at what is loading it seemed to be network related, but I don't seem to have any connection issues.

The other thing I noticed in the web inspector console was the following: 

Refused to execute script from 'https://optimize.google.com/optimize/inject/inject.js?...' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Has anyone else came across this and have any ideas as to how this can be resolved? Let me know if there's any specific information that would be relevant into resolving this. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geoff B
May 2017

Editor Unable to Open

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi could that be related to blocking of third party cookies by your browser settings?

An option is to add an exception that allows third party cookies for optimize.google.com and www.google-analytics.com.

See: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Optimize-Setup-and/Implementing-using-Adobe-DTM/m-p...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geoff B
May 2017

Editor Unable to Open

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi could that be related to blocking of third party cookies by your browser settings?

An option is to add an exception that allows third party cookies for optimize.google.com and www.google-analytics.com.

See: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Optimize-Setup-and/Implementing-using-Adobe-DTM/m-p...

Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That did it. Thank you Dimitris!

Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dimitris

I too am getting the following error:

The Optimize editor failed to load. Ensure that you allow third-party cookies from optimize.google.com and www.google-analytics.com, check your network connection, and try again.

It does however work (I don't get the above error) when trying to a run an experiment on optimize.google.com but when trying to run it on my own website I encounter this error.

I look forward to your response and assistance (I have enabled cookies like suggested above)

Editor Unable to Open

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi

Could you share your website's URL or at least your Optimize container ID?

Re: Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure thing. Please see below
GTM-T4L2TSV
Url : waltons.co.za

Editor Unable to Open

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi

I had no problems when I tried to edit your pages myself.

Could you try a couple of things?

- Try using the editor on your pages from your computer but a different network (i.e. maybe from home)

- Try using a different computer (or ask a friend to try it out) at your current network

- See if you have enabled the "Block third-party cookies" option at

chrome://settings/content/cookies?search=cookies

If you have, disable it temporarily to try out if this is related to the problem.

- Open developer tools (Chrome menu > "More options") and see if there are any interesting messages there.

Re: Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dimitri

Thank you that worked perfectly. I seemed to have a network problem!! One
more question:

I have a contact form which has 8 fields and am trying to run a test where
we make a multi-stage form (first with 4 fields and then upon entering the
details they are then presented with the second part of the form with the
remaining 4 fields.)

I cant find any resources explaining how to do this. Please could you assist

Editor Unable to Open

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Something like that will require to write some javascript since you will need to implement the logic for checking that the "first 4 fields have been entered".

You could use the "Run Javascript" option in the optimize editor and implement everything in there, or implement this in your own js and call it using "Run Javascript".

The editor also provides the option to "Remove elements" (simply hides them using CSS) an you would use it to easily find the CSS selectors for your form fields or could even utilize this CSS.

An alternative - if you want to make more drastic changes (like split the page to 2 different pages), would be to implement this in a separate page in your site and use a redirect experiment.

Editor Unable to Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Again. Just for clarity:

1) Does it matter that some form fields are mandatory and if they are hidden and therefore not completed will it bring up an error

2) can you just give me a bit more clarity on this option:

The editor also provides the option to "Remove elements" (simply hides them using CSS) an you would use it to easily find the CSS selectors for your form fields or could even utilize this CSS

I can easily remove a few form fields but how do I then make them reappear (the remaining ones) once someone has completed the first four?