Optimize
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics and how to tag your site.
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use Google Optimize for a site where the GA snippet is not in the <head> section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do I have to move the entire GA code snippet to the <head> of my website template in order to use Google Optimize? Currently, the snippet is near the bottom of the <body>. Will it be enough to add the extra line of code and then place the page hiding snippet at the top of the <head>, or will, this cause problems? Cheers.

Can I use Google Optimize for a site where the GA snippet is not in the &lt;head&gt; section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same question. And also want to ask if the hiding code slows down the page. As I can see in the code it sets timeout of 4 seconds and the page is not loading during that time. According to my test of Optimize it works really like that. Am I right?

Many marketer and even Google claims that every additional second of page load increases bounce rate and decreases conversion rate. I think the solution of setting a timeout is wrong at the root. Is there any chance to avoid flickers while not slowing down the page load?