Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Variant editor not fully opening

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When going to the variance editing mode, it only shows the top red panel which lets me select the element, but it doesn't show the right side panel to actually make changes and edit the element.

How can I open this side panel to edit the elements?

I have:

- disabled adblocker

- allowed 3rd party cookies

- installed Google Optimize Chrome extension

- installed the javascript on the target website

Screenshot: https://cl.ly/1q3Y3V3k2u3c

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergey G
April 2017

Variant editor not fully opening

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi

Your experiment seems to be running and so you are not allowed to make changes to it any more. This is to avoid polluting your data; having users that are reported as been in the same variant, to have actually seen different versions of the page.

From what I can see, you have no changes. Did you started your experiment by mistake?

One reason that some people may run an experiment with no changes (i.e. A/A experiment), is  to validate the A/B testing tool, so I am not sure if this is what you had in mind.

You can create a new experiment (perhaps end this one first) and then you will be allowed to edit the page in the editor while the experiment is still draft.

If you have a real running experiment that you want to modify and restart, you can end and copy it to a new experiment (using the overflow menu in the container page).