Optimize
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Using the visual editor

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

When you create a variant of a web page you’ll be taken to the Optimize visual editor which allows you to create variants quickly and without having to re-code.

The Optimize visual editor consists of two components:

1. The app bar which runs across the top of the page and contains the experiment name and status, a variant picker, the change list and the hierarchy bar. 
  2. The editor palette is a floating palette that appears in the lower-right of the screen that contains all the editable elements of the current selection. For example, when a text element is selected, some of the editable options will include dimension, location and typography editing tools.

Create your variant by clicking on an element of your web page and manipulating it with the tools in the app bar and editor palette. 

Read more about the visual editor in the Optimize help center.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Using the visual editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After creating an experiment and going to the page to be changed, I see the Google Optimize visual editor but any changes I try to make cannot be saved/applied because the Apply button is disabled. So far, I haven't found a way to enable the Apply changes button. Any idea?