Optimize
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Use Google Optimize only for personalization (only 1 variant)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to change some texts of a page, but for the 100% of our visitors (for personalization purposes, not A/B or multivariate testing).

But the Google Optimize configuration forces us to create an experiment and at least 2 variants. We only need 1 variant and we are not really interested in the testing features (reporting, etc.).

I guess we can create a experiment and send 100% of the visitors to the Original (and make changes in the Original, because apparently is forbidden to send 100% of the traffic to a Variant), but that seems more like a hack than a proper way to do things.

Google Optimize sells itself as a "Personalization solution" (not only testing), so I would be surprised if they don't have a proper solution for this purposes.

Any suggestions on how to achieve what we want would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for the same method to make some kind of targeting with 100%. Does anybody know how this is possible and why google optimize does not allow 0/100?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Miguel,

This is currently not possible in Optimize, but hopefully in their development roadmap. What you are looking for is a Personalization tool, which I hope Optimize will eventually become. As of right now though, Optimize is only an AB-testing tool, which requires two variants to be tested against eachother.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Miguel,

I understand your topic so you need to create a variant and set your target traffic to %99.

I hope it helps,

Thank you,

D.