Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Use Google Optimize only for personalization (only 1 variant)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to change some texts of a page, but for the 100% of our visitors (for personalization purposes, not A/B or multivariate testing).

But the Google Optimize configuration forces us to create an experiment and at least 2 variants. We only need 1 variant and we are not really interested in the testing features (reporting, etc.).

I guess we can create a experiment and send 100% of the visitors to the Original (and make changes in the Original, because apparently is forbidden to send 100% of the traffic to a Variant), but that seems more like a hack than a proper way to do things.

Google Optimize sells itself as a "Personalization solution" (not only testing), so I would be surprised if they don't have a proper solution for this purposes.

Any suggestions on how to achieve what we want would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for the same method to make some kind of targeting with 100%. Does anybody know how this is possible and why google optimize does not allow 0/100?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Miguel,

This is currently not possible in Optimize, but hopefully in their development roadmap. What you are looking for is a Personalization tool, which I hope Optimize will eventually become. As of right now though, Optimize is only an AB-testing tool, which requires two variants to be tested against eachother.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Miguel,

I understand your topic so you need to create a variant and set your target traffic to %99.

I hope it helps,

Thank you,

D.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean by personalizing it for 100% of the website visitors? if it is for 100% then there is no targeting or personalization, that would be a static content. Personalization would require at least 2 variants: 1. Default content for all website visitors 2. Personalized content for the targeted group (should be less than 100% of visitors)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I think he means: showing a variant of a page to 100% of the visitors that fulfill certain criteria, which you would specify under Targeting. For example, 100% of those who are identified as existing customers should see a different page. The rest would be shown the default variant. This setup is not possible today in Optimize, you would need to create at least two variants for existing customers that you would test against each other.

Also, as Optimize is not a personalisation tool, you cannot set up 'permanent' solutions for who should be shown what. Tests expire after 3 months.