Optimize
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Split URL test in Adwords - Google Optimize redirect test vs new URL ad evenly rotating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to all members of Google Optimize Community!

1) What testing method would you recommend if I need to decide what landing page variant (on same domain) is better from the point of view of conversions (all are already set up in Analytics)? Still can't figure out why Google Optimize would be preferable over creating an only-url-different ad besides easy reporting view. Maybe I miss something...

2) Can I set my Google Optimize redirect experiment to google / cpc source / medium or maybe specific campaigns or adgroups exclusively?

3) When exactly will the redirect happen? I'm concerned that there's certain destination URL in an ad while Google Optimize is going to replace it with variant-2 url time after time. Is it ok for AdWords?

Split URL test in Adwords - Google Optimize redirect test vs new URL ad evenly rotating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have the same question #3, do you got to a conclusion after this 3 weeks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Carlos! This issue is currently out of my scope. I'll let you know if I find out something on it. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3) Would be very interesting for me. We have multiple campaigns, where we just want to splittest the pages and NOT change the URL inside the Display Ad. Hope with the redirect with "optimize" it works. Unfortunately other splitttest-tools, which redirect are not allowed. Please keep me up to date, if you tried anything.