Optimize
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Redirect test redirected the Homepage, not target page - why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have been using Optimize for a few weeks with A/B test and are really liking it. However, we setup a redirect test for one of our landing pages (Marketo) and the test redirected the Homepage. We caught it immediately so it wasn't a huge deal, but it has made us hesitant to use that feature again. Unfortunately, this experiment is important to us and we need to use redirects as the forms have different functionality.

The thing to note is that the Marketo pages are all on a  subdomain. However, they share the same analytics suite. I need to confirm w/ Engg that GTM is setup properly there However, I think it is.

Even if it wasn't, why would the Homepage of the site be redirected when that was not one of the URLs setup in the test?

One last point. I did setup the test initially and save with the Homepage as the original, however, I changed it and confirmed it was correct when I started the experiment - is there an outside chance this was the cause?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Uday,

The main detail there is that you need to double-check your targeting rules - that's where the test will run.  We'll see if we can try to make that clearer, though!

Thanks,

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here, multivariate tests redirect to the homepage every time.