Optimize
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Redirect Test Not Doing 50/50

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a strange issue where my simple redirect test is redirecting people to the test page almost 8 to 1. I had the triggering setup as 100% of traffic with a 50/50 split.  But as of now, I have 436 session on the test page and only 70 session on the original page.  Anyone have any reason why it would do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Evan - what are your targeting rules (when section) and how long has the experiment been running?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Evan M did you find a solution for that problem? I have the same issue - my experiment is olnly running for one day so maybe it's normal for that short amount of time?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Can you investigate on the number of users instead of sessions? A user that has been assigned to a variant will see the same variant on subsequent sessions, so sessions are not expected to be split 50/50 (users are).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for writing back - users are also not 50% split - I have 179 U on one page and 77 U on the other (experiment running for 2 days). I have also no subdomains on my website.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi again

Would it be possible to share your container ID?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My GO id is GTM-W6W3CPJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yesterday i've changed Google Optimize tag priority to 1 in GTM and lookind at today data it seems ok now.