Optimize
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Optimize Redirect test not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I created an experiment similar to 3 others that I have already done but with different URLs.

The experiment is Redirect for 2 different URLs.

Code is loading and everything seems good but the experiment is not working.

When I type in the second URL (Variant 1) i receive a redirect link but it has no utm_referrer 

Here is a sample.

utm_expid=.G-IWovWSStW8vT9l0BUS4g.0&utm_referrer=

When I go to the Original nothing happens. (no parameters added as if the script is not working)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anybody have any ideas? Still nothing.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Ivan,

Your targeting condition for the redirect experiment is not setup correctly. You have set your targeting URL to match the URL of your Variant 1 URL. The targeting URL should be matching your original URL.

The other issue that I noticed is that it looks like your original page also implements Google Analytics content experiment in it that can redirect to your variant. You should not be using content experiment and Optimize redirect experiment in the same page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google Employee,

I have the same problem. Redirect test does not work for me.

I check all the things that you wrote for Ivan, but it is not working.

Can you help me with it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also having an issue with redirect tests for a client. I have set up 3 tests. 2 are working. For some reason the final test is not getting any traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi AdNuging!

Google changed the installation of Optimize. I installed the same way that Lunametrics said and now it works for me.

https://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2017/03/02/install-google-optimize/