Optimize
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Optimize MVT Combinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created 2 sections with 5 variants (including Original) in A and 3 variants (including Original) in B.

These all configure exactly as I want in Editor mode for Variants/Sections. However, None of these are showing when I try to preview in combinations. 

Please can anyone offer a quick fix? Hoping I've just casually overlooked something vital.

Thanks,
Dan

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You should be able to click on a particular combination's preview by going to the COMBINATIONS tab within your experiment. You'd likely need to provide some more detail on what changes you're making in order for others to pinpoint the issue, but off the top of my head I can think of a few things that might be causing errors.

First, check that Optimize has been installed on the page(s) you expect to see a combination in your experiment. You can do this by simply going into console and searching for the Optimize snippet. Next, I would ensure that the changes you made aren't being hindered by some sort of race condition if you're website is a SPA, or if the element(s) you're modifying need to wait for DOM ready. Logistically, make sure previewing off the appropriate Google account in case you're logged into multiple accounts, and also make sure your targeting conditions allow you to see the change(s) made in the experiment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. The issue I'm referring to is on the combinations tab within my experiment. I'm trying to assess the combinations of two section variants just as a preview. 

In relation to the other points, I've checked through (logistically completely sound, changes shouldn't be hindered and the Optimize code is loading perfectly) and nothing seems to be an issue. The confusion here is around why the section variant changes work and the combinations of those changes fail.

The changes themselves are very straightforward - this is a PoC for a client. We're looking to change a couple of CTA button colours and remove various pieces of HTML to gauge % CVR changes. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem, I haven't had an issue with combinations not being able to preview so I feel like if you've checked through logistics, there's either a timing issue with the elements you're changing and/or some internal error as Google does list the MVT part of the tool with beta. Would be good to hear thoughts from someone at Google on this.