Optimize
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Is my experiment running? Panel Says yes - tests all work, 0 sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I just set up an MVT for a landing page and wanted to test to see if it was working...

I tried accessing from several mobile devices on different networks, from incognito windows, etc... but I always get the same page - no variations.

My dashboard says there have been no sessions recorded. GA confirms this - but I have been visiting.... and it has been recording for a day now...

The page is:

http://gems.jdmis.edu.sg/exceptional-education-in-gemmology.php

The GA script is at the top of the page, the anti-flicker script is above it. Everything seems in order...

I have seen others with this problem when they have a cross-domain conversion process - but this is not the case in my example.

I'd appreciate any advice as to where I should look for solutions!

Thanks,

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some more information in case anyone can advise... 
Original analytics account is for a domain jdmis.edu.sg

The page being tested is on a subdomain - gems.jdmis.edu.sg

It does not seem like a domain linking issue - since I don't care about tracking across domains - the goals are in the same subdomain.

Re: Is my experiment running? Panel Says yes - tests all work, 0 sessions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Going by my experiences in starting with Optimize I think it could be wise to check the TARGETING section and its logics. Could there be target options that don't trigger the experiment at all? I had this once, but I was realizing it already in the preview.

The more complex your target settings are the higher the chance of it failing to be activated. If you go by URL check if you did enter the URL completely, I was having trouble with not entering the https:// in front of my URL, since then it works fine and all the fine additional targeting settings do too after that.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Alexander, if you open up your console and go to the application tab, you'll see that the _gaexp cookie is not even present which should be present when you're running an experiment. Next, when I search for "optimize" in console under elements, nothing shows up. To me, both of these issues indicate that Optimize was not installed properly on the link you shared. I'm not sure how you've set up your Optimize snippets, but I would start by examining those, and making sure they work on your subdomain.