Optimize
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Inability to comment styles

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes I want to try disabling a block of styles without removing them from the editor.  The editor immediately strips all commented styles out forcing me to either keep them in a separate text document or just suck it up and rewrite them.  This is annoying. Let me comment my styles without removing them.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Perhaps, instead of using the CSS code editor, you could just do an "insert HTML" (you could in-fact use "head" as the CSS selector) and then add your CSS code inside a <style> </style> tag.

You will not be able to see each css line as a separate change (and see which elements it affects or check if its correct), but you could adding anything that you like in your code.

The CSS code editor parses and presents your code as independent style changes, while this method will just treat it as a blob of HTML code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This sounds like a valid workaround.

That said... it seems to me that this is far from an ideal solution.  What I would like to see instead is on the css editor have a checkbox, defaulted to selected, with the label 'strip comments on save'.  This allows those of us who are testing changes briefly to uncheck the box to prevent our commented code from being removed from the editor.