Optimize
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

How to schedule the experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see the option available on the right side in the Experiment tab to schedule the experiment with the start and end date, but I'm not able to configure it.

Is this option available in free Optimize version?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert S
April

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Robert,

currently there is no ability to schedule start and end of experiment but we have had this brought to our attention.

One thing you can do though - capture the current date to a js variable and do targeting based on that value. So if js variable value is certain date the experiment will be triggered. 

Maja

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately not Robert...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Maja. Hope it will be available soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there also a way to configure the end date/time using the same js variable value suggestion above?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Yes!
Optimize will fire an experiment only when all targeting conditions evaluate as true, so setting a js variable that will read the date (and proper value) will start and stop experiment on desired dates. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Maja B would you happen to have an example of a JS variable that would work for this purpose? (for checking a targeting condition for the start and end date?)  thanks again!  this may be a nice workaround until the scheduling gets natively implemented!

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

You would have to capture current date by getting either year, month and day from getDate(), getMonth(), getFullyear() or capture now() in milliseconds - up to you, and store the value in your own js variable (I called it Date). Use targeting rules to set javaScript variable Date value greater than and less than for a timeframe.