AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

How to A/B Test on Dynamic Pages?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I'm trying to create an experiment in Google Optimize it's asking me for "What is the URL of the page you'd like to test? "

The thing is I have a listings product and i want run an A/B test on a form on those product pages.

My URLs are like

- www.example.com/p1/

- www.example.com/p2/

- www.example.com/p3/

If i just put www.example.com/p1/ then it will only run the experiment on only that page. How do I make it run on all the product pages?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can target the whole experiment to run on multiple pages, just add the URLs in the "Targeting" tab, right next to "Objectives".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But then i have to manually add all the URLs? I have several thousands products

Re: How to A/B Test on Dynamic Pages?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Depends on your URL structure. You can use the "starts with" condition to select all products in case like mysite.com/product-someID. And you can even use regular expression to use more advanced conditions - like "choose URLs that starts with 3 numbers followed by 4 letters followed by 1 dot". A pretty handy thing, just Google "regular expressions" and you will find tons of guides. Or ask your developer - they know them Smiley Happy

If you give me more info on how your URLs look like I will try to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You could also implement a server side experiment so that you change it globally in your own shop software and just let Optimize/GA do the statistics.