Optimize
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

How to A/B Test on Dynamic Pages?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I'm trying to create an experiment in Google Optimize it's asking me for "What is the URL of the page you'd like to test? "

The thing is I have a listings product and i want run an A/B test on a form on those product pages.

My URLs are like

- www.example.com/p1/

- www.example.com/p2/

- www.example.com/p3/

If i just put www.example.com/p1/ then it will only run the experiment on only that page. How do I make it run on all the product pages?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can target the whole experiment to run on multiple pages, just add the URLs in the "Targeting" tab, right next to "Objectives".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But then i have to manually add all the URLs? I have several thousands products

Re: How to A/B Test on Dynamic Pages?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Depends on your URL structure. You can use the "starts with" condition to select all products in case like mysite.com/product-someID. And you can even use regular expression to use more advanced conditions - like "choose URLs that starts with 3 numbers followed by 4 letters followed by 1 dot". A pretty handy thing, just Google "regular expressions" and you will find tons of guides. Or ask your developer - they know them Smiley Happy

If you give me more info on how your URLs look like I will try to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You could also implement a server side experiment so that you change it globally in your own shop software and just let Optimize/GA do the statistics.