AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change the woocommerce Google Analytics pro tracking code to use Google Optimize?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using the Woocommerce Google Analytics Pro plugin and managed to change the tracking code on each page as follows:

<script>	(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
	(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
	m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
	})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
	ga( 'create', 'UA-XXXXXX-X', 'auto' , {'siteSpeedSampleRate': 100});
	ga( 'require', 'GTM-XXXXXX');
	ga( 'set', 'forceSSL', true );
	ga( 'require', 'ec' );</script>

But I get no results in Google Optimize. What could be the problem? Do I need to add?:

ga('send', 'pageview');

Hope anyone can help.

How do I change the woocommerce Google Analytics pro tracking code to use Google Optimize?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just figured out how to do it. 

Open the "class-w-google-analytics-pro-integration.php" file

look for "<?php echo $this->get_ga_function_name(); ?>( 'create', '<?php echo esc_js( $this->get_tracking_id() ); ?>', 'auto' );

Right underneath that paste your optimize google code.

Optimize google is working now without problems.

Cheers,

Re: How do I change the woocommerce Google Analytics pro tracking code to use Google Optimize?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since you use the Pro version of the plugin, you should probably add it without modifying the source code. There a hook for this. See https://github.com/skyverge/wc-plugins-snippets/blob/master/woocommerce-google-analytics-pro/add-cus...

Just place the above code in your functions.php file and replace ABC123 with your tracking code

Re: How do I change the woocommerce Google Analytics pro tracking code to use Google Optimize?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
perfect, thanks!
I had added it to the source code but I guess this is better and safer
Have a great day

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>