Optimize
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

How can you combine multiple urls into one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a contact form thats visible on 10+ pages, as a fixed sidebar widget. I can easily setup and test the contact form on 1 page but since the form is the same on all the 10+ pages I would prefer to have a test variation on all those pages.

Is that possible and if so, how?

Thanks,

Stefan

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jason O (Community Manager)
January 2017

How can you combine multiple urls into one?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

As long as the implementation of the form is identical (for example you somehow include the same HTML code) and you are sure that the CSS selectors used in your changes will match the same elements in all those pages (you may review those CSS selectors in the WYSWIG editor change list), you can do the following:

- Create the experiment using any of those pages and do your changes in the WYSIWYG editor.

- Go on the targeting section of the experiment page and edit (little pencil icon) the targeting condition that was added automatically.

- There you can paste the URL's of all those pages.

You can (and always should) use the "preview" functionality in the experiment page (the display icon next to each variant), to test the variation on each of those pages (just paste the urls in the same "preview" browser tab).