AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Google optimize AB language

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to make an AB test to try different text.

The problem is that, we have users who use our site in different languages, is there any possible than I can try at the same time with different text in depending of the language of the browser or something like this? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Did you find the answer anywhere?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

There is not a very simple way to do this, but there is a one if you are a little bit familiar with javascript.

First of all you need to find out a way to detect what language a user is seeing.

If the URL is the same for both languages, you may try to check the language attribute of the page:

Open up chrome developer tools at type:

document.documentElement.lang

If this gives a different value for your 2 different languages then do the following:

- Click on the element where you want to change the text

- Instead of "Change text" use the "Run javascript" edit option

- In the javascript write a little bit of code that does what you want, for example something like:

if (document.documentElement.lang == "en-US") {

element.innerText = 'hello';

} else if (document.documentElement.lang == "fr") {

element.innerText = 'bonjour';

}

If the document language property is not set (for some reason), you may even use something else - like the document.title.