Optimize
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize: No data coming in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After a few hours I see that we have 0 data despite lots of traffic going to both experiments. analytics has nothing and the optimize reporting has nothing.

Is there just a few hour delay or is there an issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harrison S
December 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

There is certainly similar delay with other Google Analytics reports but additionally the variation data is examined (i.e. for a winner) at most 1-2 times a day.

But you should be seeing some "real-time" info about the number of active visitors on each variation on the experiment page right away (perhaps a few seconds) after starting it.

If this is not the case it may be worth checking that you have appropriate permissions to view the Google Analytics data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, how do you check if you have apropriate permissions. I am getting no data at all and that's over a long period not just a day. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got the exact same issue, cf. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Optimize-Reporting/No-Data-in-Reporting/td-p/100392... - My experiment is running since more than 6 days and no data at all

Did you find an explanation ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case, the answer was simply a delay in reporting. We did see different data in Google optimize vs google analytics, but chose to go with the google analytics data to make decisions. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Harrison,

Login into analytics to see status of tracking. after login > Goto Administration > Select Property > Click on Tracking Code to see status of tracking.

also try Send test traffic option in same window

Thanks

Satish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long was the delay? I am having a similar issue. Traffic has been running to the experiment for 3+ hours now and no session data