Optimize
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize: No data coming in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After a few hours I see that we have 0 data despite lots of traffic going to both experiments. analytics has nothing and the optimize reporting has nothing.

Is there just a few hour delay or is there an issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harrison S
December 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

There is certainly similar delay with other Google Analytics reports but additionally the variation data is examined (i.e. for a winner) at most 1-2 times a day.

But you should be seeing some "real-time" info about the number of active visitors on each variation on the experiment page right away (perhaps a few seconds) after starting it.

If this is not the case it may be worth checking that you have appropriate permissions to view the Google Analytics data.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harrison S
December 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

There is certainly similar delay with other Google Analytics reports but additionally the variation data is examined (i.e. for a winner) at most 1-2 times a day.

But you should be seeing some "real-time" info about the number of active visitors on each variation on the experiment page right away (perhaps a few seconds) after starting it.

If this is not the case it may be worth checking that you have appropriate permissions to view the Google Analytics data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, how do you check if you have apropriate permissions. I am getting no data at all and that's over a long period not just a day. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got the exact same issue, cf. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Optimize-Reporting/No-Data-in-Reporting/td-p/100392... - My experiment is running since more than 6 days and no data at all

Did you find an explanation ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case, the answer was simply a delay in reporting. We did see different data in Google optimize vs google analytics, but chose to go with the google analytics data to make decisions. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Harrison,

Login into analytics to see status of tracking. after login > Goto Administration > Select Property > Click on Tracking Code to see status of tracking.

also try Send test traffic option in same window

Thanks

Satish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long was the delay? I am having a similar issue. Traffic has been running to the experiment for 3+ hours now and no session data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Can someone help me? I used Google Optimizer for 4 different pictures on my main block of site. But in reports, I see only 200-300 visitors per day, when i have 900-1200 visitors. Test goes 4th day. So, i wanted Google Optimizer to show to all people. How to be in that case? Thanks!

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi, can you share your Optimize container Id?