Optimize
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize: No data coming in empty or jumbled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've run about half a dozen optimize campaigns now and have had similar issues twice where data coming into our CRM from form fields comes in jumbled or not at all. This only happens from test variants (not the control page that optimize doesn't change). 

In one instance it converted a text "first name" field into what looked like a hashed field of just jumbled characters. Folks would enter "john" and out would pop out 16 random characters often starting with the same 4-5 characters for hundreds of rows. We ended the experiment and have not used it again for that domain/ project. 

In this current second instance, we are doing an a/b test sending folks to a page with a parameter in the URL. When I go to the URL and get sent to the control page I can enter my information and hit submit. I check the CRM and the parameter from the URL is in there. If I get sent to a variant page (where all we are testing is content in a <p> section), the parameter is still in the browser url and I can enter my information and hit submit. But when I check my CRM the parameter has not been sent over. 

Anyone else having issues with form fields not coming through or coming through jumbled? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Google bumping this... 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If you run half a dozen campaings with optimize, remember that the amount of tests is limited to 3 with the free Optimize Account...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have multiple accounts and one of them has 4... the 4th is in draft. I'll check back and let you know if we get asked to upgrade! That may just be the answer to us getting a response from Google in any case.