Optimize
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize - HTML Character Limit

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I am in the middle of designing my first A/B test. I would like to add a module to one of the variants that currently is not present on the page. Unfortunately, when I copy across the code for the module it exceeds the html character limit of 15,360. Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so, did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Michael

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I constantly struggle with the HTML limit. I have asked before and posted the question to the Optimize team, does anyone know if the paid version has the same HTML limitation??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you found out anything?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope Smiley Sad I have emailed Optimize sales team, left severl comments etc but no reply.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I haven’t heard anything back about this issue either. It’s really frustrating!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also running into the same limit. Very curious if there's any way to work around it. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It depends on how you are making the changes, but I've gotten around this in the past by just cutting the code into pieces and adding them individually to Optimize.

If you're using custom Javascript to make the changes, then the above is easy. If you're using HTML replacement, then it may be trickier to select various parts of your page to edit individually.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

I am facing the same issue.What is the fix for this?To buy a paid version or anything else?

Please help