Optimize
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Experiment Ended: Selecting a Winner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My experiment concluded without Google able to determine a winner. Now I want to select a winner and have that combination run on the page. If that's not possible I want to at least be able to see a preview of the combination that came closest to winning so I can manually update the page. Not sure how to do either of these things after looking around a bit.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike R
July

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi

You can still go into the editor or use "preview" function on an ended experiment.

While in the editor, you may use the CSS dialog and copy any CSS code that may get you started: https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/6369964?hl=en

Finally, you may copy the ended experiment, remove all but the winning variation and change the variation weights to send most of users (i.e. 99.9  which is practically everyone) to that winning variation instead of the original and then start this as a "new experiment". This could be a short-term workaround that you may use until you implemented the variation in your site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that was very helpful!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dimitris!

I've been searching the entire web it seems, without finding out this: How does Optimize select a winner? We're currently running an experiment were the Variant is a clear winner. When we try to calculate duration and significance through other tools it says that based on the data we have it should take 10 days to finish the experiment. It has now run 15 days. When does Google stop it and select a clear winner? I really hope you're able to reply, this is a real head-twister Smiley Wink Here´s the screenshot of the existing experiment data BTW: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B11p2h-teBtDM1ItMlU1R2hWV00

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Joachim

Optimize will wait for at least 2 weeks before declaring a leader, so if your variant is a clear winner, you should see that been declared soon.

This has to do with typical visitor behavior and not only with pure statistical significance metrics. One factor is the weekday/weekend variation (typically different users with different behavior for most sites), while the other has to do with the effect of users converting better on "fresh" looking sites (like to explore anything new).

So depending on site and experiment, its best practice to not rush coming into conclusions. The Optimize team has found that 2 weeks is a reasonable minimum period to wait for most sites/experiments.

Look here for more details:

https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/7405044?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a million! That explains everything Smiley Happy