Optimize
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions as experiment objectives

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello world!

I'm trying out the new Google Optimize as a free user, and my question is:

How can I test through A/B testing, or any other means, my layout, for conversion rates?

I have a pricing page for a SaaS product, for which I have 2 variants, and wish to test how much more trials I can get for one or another layout.

Are there more options for Experiment objectives other than pageviewssession duration and bounces on a paid version of Optimize?

Should I use UTM's on my outgoing links indicating the variant from which they came from and measure them through Analytics?

Or just setting my goals on Analytics (on Conversions > Goals) and making the experiment on Optimize is enough to make Analytics recognize that there's an experiment going on and give me the appropriate results of this layout battle?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Renato D
May

Re: Conversions as experiment objectives

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can totally select a goal as an objective in Optimize (free)

Screenshot 2017-05-19 13.56.41.png

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if it's a region thing or if I'm missing a step, but apparently, I can't :/

Check out this print of my current options:

http://i.imgur.com/SLgrzWV.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do you have goals set up for the view you linked to your Optimize container?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aw shucks, my bad. We had to create another container on analytics recently because of some mistakes and the goals ended up not being set. That was totally it. Once you specifically mentioned there was a way, we checked it and found the error.

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy