AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions as experiment objectives

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello world!

I'm trying out the new Google Optimize as a free user, and my question is:

How can I test through A/B testing, or any other means, my layout, for conversion rates?

I have a pricing page for a SaaS product, for which I have 2 variants, and wish to test how much more trials I can get for one or another layout.

Are there more options for Experiment objectives other than pageviewssession duration and bounces on a paid version of Optimize?

Should I use UTM's on my outgoing links indicating the variant from which they came from and measure them through Analytics?

Or just setting my goals on Analytics (on Conversions > Goals) and making the experiment on Optimize is enough to make Analytics recognize that there's an experiment going on and give me the appropriate results of this layout battle?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Renato D
May 2017

Re: Conversions as experiment objectives

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can totally select a goal as an objective in Optimize (free)

Screenshot 2017-05-19 13.56.41.png

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Renato D
May 2017

Re: Conversions as experiment objectives

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can totally select a goal as an objective in Optimize (free)

Screenshot 2017-05-19 13.56.41.png

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if it's a region thing or if I'm missing a step, but apparently, I can't :/

Check out this print of my current options:

http://i.imgur.com/SLgrzWV.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do you have goals set up for the view you linked to your Optimize container?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aw shucks, my bad. We had to create another container on analytics recently because of some mistakes and the goals ended up not being set. That was totally it. Once you specifically mentioned there was a way, we checked it and found the error.

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy