Optimize
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border

Changing landing page layout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Optimize Community,

Are we able to move divs with Google optimize? It seems that optimize doesn't support this.

Ideally, I'd like to test out a new landing page layout by moving some elements (divs?) to the top of the page and others down the page. Is this possible? 

I can't find any documentation on this, and my drag and drop method doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lauren

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren D
July

Changing landing page layout

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lauren

Usually this should work out of the box. You may need to use the hierarchy bar to use the select the correct container, and then drag and drop it at the correct place.

This by default, changes the order of containers in the DOM - which is usually ideal for menus, lists of divs etc. In case you just want to change the position of the containers slightly, you can use the "Move anywhere" toggle: 

https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/6369964?hl=en

For the DOM move functionality, there is some ad-hoc logic that tries to identify the most suitable source and target containers, which may not be what you like.

You may create a "DOM move change" manually, from the "Selection dialog" (click on the rectangle before the hierarchy bar).

There, you may type in the CSS selectors (based on ID or class) of the divs in question and the exact operation that you want to do.

Hope that this helped.