Optimize
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to create your first experiment and get tips on creating A/B, redirect, and multivariate tests.
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys

 

I managed to setup my first A/B experiment, it's currently running however revenue and number of transactions are not being reported. I am testing a redirect for 2 different thank you pages which then takes traffic to a shopify product page.

 

Thank you pages being split tested:

 

Original: https://sa-product-trends.lpages.co/outback-or-joint-pain-or-thank-you/

Redirect: https://sa-product-trends.lpages.co/outback-thank-you/

 

Shopify product page:

https://outbackpainrelief.co.za/products/outback-series-pain-away-roll-on

 

A quick note, revenue is being reported on Analytics under Conversions - E-commerce.

 

Any ideas to why it wouldn't be showing under Experiments?

1 Expert replyverified_user

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi

 

Did you figured out what was happening or is this still a problem?

Re: A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still having this problem, any ideas?

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes still experiencing the same problem, can you help? Would be appreciated.

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Can you check the experiment sessions that you have in Google Optimize?

Are these the expected?

Can you explain a bit your URL's?

Is the domain sa-product-trends.lpages.co a public one that people will have in their browsers when using your site (outbackpainrelief.co.za).

I would expect that at least the original would be on that domain.

Can you see how much of the revenue reported on Analytics under Conversions - E-commerce is coming from visits to sa-product-trends.lpages.co

Re: A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Number of experiment sessions are as expected. The leadpages URL sa-product-trends.lpages.co is a built out funnel in leadpages.com for traffic coming from FB.

 

This is the thank you page I am trying to test. People land on this page after going through the leadpages funnel: https://sa-product-trends.lpages.co/outback-or-joint-pain-or-thank-you/

 

From this URL it takes users to outbackpainrelief.co.za shopify store to make a purchase.

 

Please see below for reported revenue coming from sa-product-trends.lpages.co. Doesn't seem like there are any issues there.

 

ANALYTICS.png

 

This is what optimize shows me:

 

ANALYTICS.png

 

Is there any chance you could run through the funnel and place a test order starting from this page https://sa-product-trends.lpages.co/outback-or-joint-pain-or-thank-you/ while recording with google tag assistant to see if my tracking scripts are setup correctly?

 

It would be much appreciated.

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

So you are using GA cross-domain linking right? (so that a user session from the sa-product-trends.lpages.co continues to the  outbackpainrelief.co.za where I assume is where you are sending the transaction hits?)

 

Or are you also reporting transaction hits from the sa-product-trends.lpages.co page?

 

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah think i might see the issue. I wasn't aware of GA cross-domain linking...A quick question on that.

 

I'm using Lead pages as my domain hosting, they only give me access to placing tracking into the pages, could I use page URL's in this GA Cross linking code as shown below instead of the domain:

 

 ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX-Y', 'auto', {'allowLinker': true});
  ga('require', 'linker');
  ga('linker:autoLink', ['URL'S HERE INSTEAD OF DOMAIN??'] );

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

I think you should still use the domain.

 

It will be OK that you have don't have access to all pages in that domain.

 

Other pages from that domain will not implemented the linker to your other domain so they shouldn't be able to pollute your data (even if somehow end up in your second domain pages).

A/B Experiment running but not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dimitris. I set it up and have discovered another issue. I'm struggling to merge the GA Cross Linking with the GA Experiment snippet.. Is this code correct?

 

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-103106935-1', 'auto'), 'auto', {'allowLinker': true});
ga('require', 'GTM-PF8SFBW');
ga('require', 'linker');
ga('linker:autoLink', ['https://outbackpainrelief.co.za/'] );
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

 

I used that code but now optimize is not picking up the code. Is it because there are two "ga requires". I'm not a coder but i'm guessing they are clashing. Please advise how I can fix this.