Optimize
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Everything you need to know about setting up Optimize, including creating your account and container, linking to Google Analytics, and tagging your website.
Guide Me
star_border

🔥 Optimize supports server-side experiments

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

While creating client-side experiments in Optimize's visual editor is fun, power users clamor for more. Optimize now supports creating Server-side experiments.

Server-side implementations offer more flexibility to do things such as:

• Run experiments for websites with dynamic content.
  • Test non-UI changes that still have an affect on your objective. For example, a database query result set that is returned to a user.
  • Integrate Optimize experiments with your service (e.g. Content Management provider).
  • Manage experiments using your own optimization platform.

This new guide explains how to use Optimize to report on experiments running on your server. Read about it in on the Optimize DevSite: https://developers.google.com/optimize/devguides/experiments

Happy testing!

- Jason

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason O
January

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Yes Michael and Kedar, server-side experiments are available in the free version of Optimize.

Happy experimenting!

View solution in original post

NEW: Optimize supports server-side experiments

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a great feature, and I'm sure someone using Optimize will make good use of it. As a suggestion, could Google please distribute at least a little more attention to this forum? Optimize is still relatively new, and especially for paying customers, the FAQ is simply not enough to address fundamental concerns. There are many legitimate questions with no response in this forum, and I'd assume it's rather important to at least provide some direction for the people who post them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I'm trying to understand if I can use the server-side implementation to manage experiments cross platform. How do I pass to google analytics that the current event is being triggered by user X ? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jason, 

Is the server-side experiments feature available in the free version of google optimize? 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Is the server-side experiments feature available in the free version of google optimize?" I would like to confirm this as well. Thanks!   

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason O
January

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Yes Michael and Kedar, server-side experiments are available in the free version of Optimize.

Happy experimenting!

Z
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Z
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you provide integration instructions using dataLayer.push ?