Guide Me
star_border

partially succeeded requests + wrong address formatting

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

We're repeatedly seeing requests fail for a location: accounts/115824013324441517650/locations/11925877565152388199 where we get the error response:

{
   "error":{
      "code":500,
      "message":"Request only partially succeeded, refer to details for which fields failed.",
      "status":"INTERNAL",
      "details":[
         {
            "@type":"type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.InternalError",
            "errorDetails":[
               {
                  "code":1001,
                  "field":"photos.logo_photo_url",
                  "message":"Uploading image failed",
                  "value":"https://cdn0.centralapp.com/api/v1/media/logo-large/place-5518-ap57y0goltxzsgvrz2t9.jpeg"
               }
            ]
         }
      ]
   }
}

We've verified the photo URL on our side and it is a valid URL. 

How do you suggest we debug cases like these?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Bump, anyone from Google support that can help us out with this?

Re: partially succeeded requests + wrong address formatting

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Ashesh A,

The error you mentioned in your post usually occurs when the location you are uploading the photos to doesn’t have an associated Google+ page or the photos are not meeting the Google My Business guidelines.

I investigated your issue regarding the address format for your location on Google+ and Google Maps UI, since you made some changes in your address recently so it might took some time to display on map. Now I can see full address on map for your location. Please do let us know if you are still facing the address format issue with the location?

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

And did you have the chance to check why the photo upload is failing for that request? We've verified the picture multiple times and keep seeing the same error from the API.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Ashesh A,

I noticed the size of the image you mentioned in your post is 500 × 500 pixels and as per our the Google My Business guidelines for photos, we recommend adding photos that are larger than 720 x 720 pixels and smaller than 3000 x 3000 pixels. Please try making these changes in your photo to see if it fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, the guidelines you've pointed me out to aren't really API guidelines are they? The api docs don't really tally with the link you've pointed out. Which one of these is correct?

We noticed a similar issue with this image: https://cdn0.centralapp.com/api/v1/media/logo-large/place-5772-dfqrcyjxrlbitkgxakjs.jpeg – and since this image is above the 500x500 limit as specified in the api docs (which do not specify the min./max. image bytes required) we also see errors like:

"error" : {
      "code" : 500,
      "message" : "Request only partially succeeded, refer to details for which fields failed.",
      "status" : "INTERNAL",
      "details" : [ {
        "@type" : "type.googleapis.com/google.mybusiness.v3p1.InternalError",
        "errorDetails" : [ {
          "code" : 10,
          "field" : "photos.logo_photo_url",
          "message" : "Image bytes too small. Got: size:7670B (min: 10240B)",
          "value" : "https://cdn0.centralapp.com/api/v1/media/logo-large/place-5772-dfqrcyjxrlbitkgxakjs.jpeg",
          "subErrorCode" : 21
        } ]
      } ]
    }
  }

Can the docs be updated about this please? Moreover, in this case, the image bytes isn't a good way to validate the quality of the image – the image is a black and white simple logo with just text, so it's size will be small despite the resolution.