Guide Me
star_border

is primary phone mandatory for creating a new location via GMB API

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I could not see anywhere mentioned that primary phone is mandatory. But yet, GMB API does not allow me to create locations until I provide a valid value for primary phone.

Can you kindly explain whether it is mandatory or not?

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: is primary phone mandatory for creating a new location via GMB API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Primary phone is on the list of required fields for creating a new location via the Google My Business API. You will trigger an error if you don’t provide a value for the primaryPhone field in the Location object when creating or updating a location via the API. Not all fields need to be completed when creating or updating a location, but you'll be asked to fill in fields that are missing required information in the Google My Business UI.

Please note that if you create your location via the UI or provide a value for the websiteUrl field in the Location object when creating or updating a location via the API, the primaryPhone field is not required. However, if you leave the Primary phone field empty without a Website, then you will have the Invalid or missing Primary phone error in the UI and you'll be asked to provide the required phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible.

Please see the quality guidelines for additional information about phone number policy.

Thanks,

Terry