AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

adding photo urls -- sometimes not allowed

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How do I determine which type of photo URLs are allowed for a specific location?

I can see that adding photoURLs for say menus, is not always allowed -- 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adding photo urls -- sometimes not allowed

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Brad E,

Please make sure the location that you are uploading the photos to has a valid Google+ page and the photos meet the specifications of the Photos object documented on our Google Developers site.

When adding local business photos, please note that some fields of the Photos object including the menuPhotoUrls field are category-specific to your business. Please determine the kinds of photos that you can add depending on the kind of business you manage via the photos editor in the Google My Business UI.

For more information about photo submission guidelines, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Terry

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We're using the API to manage many accounts -- I really need a programmatic way of determining which photo sections can be modified.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Brad E,

We are aware of the feature request for a programmatic way of determining which Photos object fields can be modified. We’ll keep your scenario in mind as we’re working on improving the API. Please stay tuned to this board and the Developers site for product updates.

Thanks,

Terry