Guide Me
star_border

adding a second business location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear friends
When I add a second, a third business i ask particulary API project holders how does that work, is it that I am notified on my main email address or the profile created by the API projects
Thank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adding a second business location

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Sanjay S,

Since you are working with your clients to manage their business location data, we suggest you should use your whitelisted project with a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials across multiple Google Accounts. You do not need to create any additional projects or OAuth 2.0 credentials for your client's top-level Google Accounts in Google My Business since we're only whitelisting one project per company.

Please read through this Accepted Solution for using a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for separate Google Accounts. When you use your whitelisted project’s credentials to obtain an OAuth 2.0 access token for authentication via the Google My Business API, you should be logging in with your specific Google Account. When this token is provided and you are making API calls in your script, you will be able to view and manage all the existing locations within that specific account. You should repeat this process with a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for your separate Google Accounts to obtain a token for each Google Account.

Please check out this Accepted Solution to set up your service account application for different Google Accounts. Please make sure that you have requested user consent and specified the user to impersonate for the Google Account to access its Google My Business data.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

adding a second business location

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Shalini
That means the different accounts generated by API project can also be used to add more and more business?
And another point that intrigues me is
I live at a different place than where i have claimed business in that case the verification should be sent to me by postal mail to where I live or the place or the institution I have claimed business, like mine is about education & schools and further if phone verification is handy then I think it is worthwhile to do it, I am just waiting to know all this, I await for your reply
Thanks

Re: adding a second business location

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Sanjay S,

Yes, you can use your whitelisted project with single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials to add multiple Google Accounts.

Please find help on the Verification page if you have any question related to the verification.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team