For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

accounts.locations.reviews.list Pagination Error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're experiencing issues with getting all reviews for a location with multiple pages of reviews. When we provide the next page token, no reviews are returned, and the nextPageToken is identical to the one we provided. For example, we send

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/{name=accounts/*/locations/*}/?pageToken=ABHRLXW7ybXbORtpuPY3CKbX-J1Cu0mLFScPTucJYruEGuWYq8AzcuE

and the response returns

{
  "averageRating": 4.300000190734863,
  "totalReviewCount": 1429,
  "nextPageToken": "ABHRLXW7ybXbORtpuPY3CKbX-J1Cu0mLFScPTucJYruEGuWYq8AzcuE"
}

If we repeat the call three or four times, we eventually get the full page of reviews. Can the next page be retrieved consistently so that we don't chip away at our quota?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: accounts.locations.reviews.list Pagination Error

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Yext Ops,

We tried to reproduce your problem and didn’t encounter the same error while retrieving the paginated list of reviews for the specified location using the pageToken query parameter. We are still working on this issue involving a large reviews count and will get back to you once we have a solution. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, 

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Terry W,

Thanks for looking into this! I didn't provide a specific location above, but I'm happy to provide specific details for your review outside the forum. I was able to reproduce the issue today.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Yext Ops,

After taking another close look, we still can’t replicate your problem with the pageToken query parameter. We suggest you use the OAuth 2.0 Playground to run tests using the pageToken query parameter for retrieving the paginated list of reviews.

Please make sure the pageToken is set to the nextPageToken field value returned by a preceding call to list location reviews when there were more reviews than could fit in the requested page size.

Please also make sure that you provide a consistent pageSize query parameter in the request because the pageSize determines the number of pages for your total results. Please note that the pageSize query parameter has a maximum value 200.

Please let us know if you are continuing to experience these issues.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team