Guide Me
star_border

a category issue for UK

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hey @GMB API Team 

I came across this new category issue of a missing category specification in here

The core  of the issue:

The category parameter "gcid: occupational_health_service" as it exist in categories_en_CA.csv or in categories_en_US.csv but it is unfortunately missing in categories_en_GB.csv

Please fix it asap

Thank you

Re: a category issue for UK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are actually lots of categories that fall into this bucket.  Other examples: gcid:airport_terminal, gcid:camp, gcid:crane_dealer, gcid:foundry, just to name a few.

@Helmut Geissler @GMB API Team we pulled together this Google Doc comparing some of the category lists side-by-side to show where a category exists in one locale but not in another.  What we haven't done is actually tested the API for categories that are missing from the category lists to see if in fact they work.  If that would be helpful we can do that.

Hope this helps give you a sense of scale for where there are gaps in the current files.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Yext Ops

You have done a great job providing  this Google Doc comparing some of the category lists side-by-side to show where a category exists in one locale but not in another.

Hope the @GMB API Team  will seriously evaluate your findings.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Thanks @Yext Ops for pulling together the compare of the categories and countries that are of concern to you. We've included your file in our internal ticketing system so that's its included in our review of enhancing category support.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks 

@GMB API Team

for  including in your internal ticketing system the file @Yext Ops  provided so that's its included in your review of enhancing category support.

Would you please mind to post here if there are any updates you will apply on your category spreadsheet regarding the necessary and enhancd category support?

This would be a great hep for all of us TCs here and the users of GMB as well.