Guide Me
star_border

Wrong/truncated street for location returned over Api

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have a problem with a customer location we manage, the correct street name is 'Haga 205' this is displayed on Google Maps and in Google My Business however when we get the location over the api using getGoogleUpdated (3.2) the value for street name returned is just '205'.

Updating the address field for the location to the correct value using PATCH does not solve this error.

Url to the location in question: https://maps.google.com/?cid=10958642923606141680 

/Fredrik

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong/truncated street for location returned over Api

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Fredrik L,

The getGoogleUpdated location method provides the most recent updated version of the specified location. You can override the Google updated version of the specified location by making further edits to the location with a PATCH API call via the API. Please make sure that the updated business information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.

Please note, your changes to the business information in Google My Business may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take some days to go live.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Shalini S - you're implying that getGoogleUpdated might show something different from what's appearing on Google Maps. Is that you're intent? 

Where Google Maps clearly shows Haga 205 and yet the API is returning something truncated, seems like the OP, which has already updated via patch, needs additional clarification. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We solved it by first sending a patch with the wrong address (205) then with the correct (Haga 205).

However the correct address was displayed in both maps and business manager the whole time och getGoogleUpdated that for some reason returned a faulty value

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks @Fredrik L - still begs the question​why map frontend displayed a value different than the one given through the API. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter