Guide Me
star_border

Where to start?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello
I don't know if I am at the right forum. If not, please let me know.

I work for Canada Post, we use Google maps to expose our Post Offices Locations and hours (please see here ) . And as we have daily changes we need to change the feed daily.

We recently received credentials to use the Google Business API.

We use VBA as programming language (we only have MS Office and we aren't allowed to install
any other software)

To start I have a question:

Where and How to do to upload the daily files?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question

Abdul K Hamdo
< Text has been removed to protect private information >

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where to start?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Abdul K H,

Please go through the prerequisites and Get Started to access GMB API. Currently, we don’t have client libraries setup for VBA.

To upload your daily files, please Sign In to access your Google My Business account and then follow the guide for creating and importing the bulk upload spreadsheet.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Yash
Thank you for answering.
Currently, Google consumes our textual and KMZ files via a third party.
Our Post Offices are correctly exposed on Google Maps , but they are not
updated daily.
This creates a lot of confusion among our customers.
We weren't able to know why exactly the data is not updated even though we
are uploading data to this 3rd party every business day.
Is there a way that we can upload our daily feeds directly (to
Servers/Folders ) where Google consume our Data directly?
Thanks

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Abdul K H,

There are currently two scalable solutions to upload the data to multiple business locations in Google My Business:

If you don’t want to rely on the third-party company for daily updates of business locations in Google My Business that will show up on Google Maps and other Google properties once verified, and choose to update these business locations directly using the Google My Business API, we suggest you go through the Prerequisites for using the API, visit the API reference to learn more about how to make various types of requests, and adapt to the available Client libraries or find other means to make RESTful HTTP requests to invoke the API.

Please note that there are other general Google API Client Libraries available besides the ones we offer. However, support should be directed to the support page or discussion group for the specific Google API Client Library. The closest thing you can find on the Google Developers site for using with Microsoft Visual Studio is our C# client library.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Abdul, we work with brands to create and update scaled locations and would be happy to help if you are open to third-party management for your locations data.