For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Webhooks for reviews?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been looking through the APIs for Google reviews and I found the expected functionality which is the basic CRUD operations for reviews. That's useful for data consumption apps where I just need to display what is already there, but I need something a bit more practical for business cases. Are there any webhooks for reviews? My system reacts to things like new posts and replies and right now, it seems that the only option I have to scan all reviews for a customer and diff them with a previous scan to see if anything has changed. It would be far more useful to have webhooks notify my system of these events.

Is this a currently function that I just haven't found? Any references would be helpful. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Webhooks for reviews?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Denny C,

No, unfortunately we currently don’t have this functionality. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Webhooks for reviews?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shalini,

Any updates on this - any ETA on webhooks?
Thanks,
Seshu

Re: Webhooks for reviews?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @mKonnekt D,

We don’t currently have a timetable on when this will be available, but, as always, stay tuned to this forum and the Developers site for product updates.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Webhooks for reviews?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Denny C

We are using webhooks/notifications to get notifications about reviews https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v4/Notifications

and it have been there sins version 3 of the api https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v3/Notifications.

Webhooks for reviews?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well there you go! I'll take a closer look at this. Thanks!

Webhooks for reviews?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@marcus o So I see there's a notification for new reviews and updated reviews. I'm most interested in responses to reviews. Do you happen to know if responses trigger notifications? Perhaps in the UPDATED_REVIEW event?